Christopher Joel Ewing

"A man with no hand is not a man" - George Costanza

Friday, January 14, 2005

Is It Cincinnati or KY?

For years now I have been harshly criticized for telling people I am from Cincinnati when techincally I live in Fort Thomas, Kentucky. Fort Thomas is no more than 8 miles to the Ohio river( a five minute ride or 20 minute walk). The problem is that no one has ever heard of Fort Thomas and the proceed to ask, where is that? To avoid a long drawn out description I just say Cincinnati. Most people I meet never know the difference, but when they do discover the slight difference they feel as if their whole world has been shattered and somehow my whole life is a lie. So what should I be saying? Cincinnati or Fort Thomas, KY? Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?


CJE


* A piece of information that might help your decision is to know that The Cincinnati International Airport is located in KY.

1 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2005 at 9:05 AM, Blogger jch said…

    Chris,

    I'm technically from Tahoka, Texas. It's a small farming community of about 3000 people. I moved there when I was 2 1/2 and graduated high school from Tahoka High. However, when asked I say I'm from Lubbock, Texas. It's 30 miles up the road and is known for being the home of Buddy Holly. It's much easier to say that then have to explain where Tahoka is.

    So say you are from Cinci. No biggie! It is neither here nor there to any of us!

    Joe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home