Christopher Joel Ewing

"A man with no hand is not a man" - George Costanza

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Shiloh: Year 6?

2000 was a year of change for me because that summer was my first at Shiloh. I came to Shiloh a pretty selfish college freshman who assumed the rest of the word lived as I did, but left I camp changed forever. It changed my priorities, my speech, my perceptions and my heart. I don't even know the person I was before 2000. Every summer since then has been spent at Shiloh. It has been increasingly difficult to return each year with the weight of being a self-sufficient bearing down on me. This year is no different as I try to find a way to return for a sixth straight summer. I know I can't do it forever, but this year has special meaning for me. For me and many of the kids, 2000 was our first time to come to Shiloh. They were only 9 at the time and now they are 15. Since they are 15, it will be their last summer to attend as campers. It would mean so much to me if I were able to see these kids through all six years of their camp experience. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I thank God for the five years I have been given. Prayers and thoughts are always welcome. So will just have to wait and see what this summer holds. As for me, all I want to do is hold the kids when they get off the bus.


CJE

1 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2005 at 1:12 PM, Blogger J-Wild said…

    Chris,
    I really hope it happens. I think going on the sixth year would be great closure especially since you could have seen some kids all the way through their time at camp.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home